Reading International – Privacy Notice
Effective Date: September 17, 2020
Last Updated: September 17, 2020
Reading International Inc, its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the "Company," "we," or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this “Privacy Notice.” Throughout this Privacy Notice, we refer to any person accessing or using our Platforms (as defined below) as “you,” or the “User.”
This Privacy Notice describes how we use the Personal Information that we collect from or about you and process, both online through the websites, applications, and electronic communications from which it is linked (the “Platform”) and, unless we notify you of an alternative privacy notice, through our “offline” activities, such as by telephone, in person at our movie theatres, by mail and otherwise. Our online and offline activities are collectively referred to as the “Services.”
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from, or on, the Platform. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your Personal Information (as defined below in INFORMATION WE COLLECT) and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your only choice is not to use our Services. By accessing or using our Services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after we make changes is deemed to be your acceptance of those changes, so please check the Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13:
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through any of the Platform’s features/functionality, use any of the interactive or public comment features that may be available on the Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us directly, including your name, address, telephone number, and/or email address and/or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you are a parent or legal guardian and believe we might have any information from or about your child under 13, please contact us at 888-668-4605. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Inquiry.”
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We and our service providers collect several types of Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to an individual. When we combine Personal Information with other information (i.e. information that does not, on its own, identify you), we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
We may collect usage information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, operating system, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and the site you came from and visit when you leave the Platform. We may also automatically collect data about the device you’re using to access our Platform. This data may include the device type, operating system, unique device identifiers, device settings, and location data. We may also collect your location while you use our Platform. What we collect depends on the individual settings of your device and software.
We may collect information from you while you use the Platform, including your name, email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Additionally, we may collect other information you add to your profile, including, your workplace, professional role, gender, and/or demographic information. Finally, we may collect information you share and post within the Platform.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION:
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Platform, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions and patterns, as described above. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include cookies, flash cookies, or web beacons, as well as sensor and GPS data from your device and information about things near your device such as Wi-Fi access points, cell towers, and Bluetooth-enabled devices. We may also have third parties collect Personal Information this way. For more information on these technologies, see the Cookies and Other Technologies section below.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
We also collect information directly from you. This includes information you provide when you register for an account, information you post to your account and publicly on the Platform, and communications you have with us for support and other purposes in connection with the Services.
Information Provided to Us by Third Parties
We may also collect Personal Information about you from third parties (for example, our business partners).
We may combine Personal Information we obtain with other information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected online with information that we have collected offline, for instance during calls between you and our customer services team. We may also combine information that we have collected across other third party sites or from other third parties with information we already have. Finally, we combine information across devices.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION:
We may use your Personal Information in a number of ways. For instance, we use your Personal Information:
- To enable you to access and use our Platform and Services;
- To customize or personalize your experience of our Platform, including notifying you of upcoming events and promotions;
- To contact and communicate with you about our Services and your relationship with us, and to respond to your questions and other communications;
- To prevent fraud and ensure the security of our company, Platform, and customers;
- For internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- For analytics, market research, and business development, including to operate and improve our Services, for instance we may send you information about new features on our Platform, new services we offer, and special offers;
- To offer additional benefits to you, including but not limited to sending promotional information about our Services and/or facilitating competitions and/or giveaways;
- To provide you with information about third parties that may be of interest to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide your information and consent;
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and/or
- Other purposes, as permitted by law.
SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We may share your Personal Information in the following ways and to the following third parties:
- Internally within our corporate family. We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Our Service Providers. We may share your Personal information with contractors, service providers and other third parties that we use to support our business, including IT services, data storage and hosting platforms, and other similar entities.
- Companies involved in Mergers and Acquisitions. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Platform’s Users is among the assets transferred. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your Personal Information according to this Privacy Notice.
- Co-Branded Features. Certain areas of the Services may be provided to you in association with our third-party partners (“Co-Branded Features”) and may require you to disclose Personal Information in order to register for and access products. Such Co-Branded Areas will identify the third-party partners. If you elect to register for Co-Branded Features, you may be providing your Personal Information to both us and the third-party partner(s) listed. Further, if you sign-in to a Co-Branded Feature with a username and password obtained on the Services, your Personal Information may be disclosed to the identified third-party partner(s) for that Co-Branded Feature and will be subject to the posted privacy policies of the relevant third-party partner.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Promotions. We may offer sweepstakes, contests, and other promotions (any, a “Promotion”) through the Services that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you are agreeing to the terms, conditions and official rules that govern that Promotion, which may contain specific requirements of you, including, except where prohibited by law, allowing the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion. If you choose to enter a Promotion, Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion, including, without limitation, in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law or permitted by the Promotion’s official rules, such as on a winners list.
- Fraud and Other Financial Investigations. We may share your information in the course of an investigation or to prevent a violation by you related to fraud, illegal or harmful activity, or contractual violation.
- Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES:
- Cookies: (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. For more information about cookies visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
- Flash Cookies: Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
- Web Beacons: Pages of the Platform, and our emails, may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count Users who have visited those pages, or opened an email, and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content on the Platform and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use a variety of cookies:
- Required cookies are essential for the Platform to function properly and for you to navigate our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the Platform and using our services.
- These cookies collect information about how you use the Platform, including which pages you go to most often and if they receive error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not collect information that individually identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and anonymous. It is only used to improve how the Platform functions and performs.
- Functionality cookies allow the Platform to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies also enable you to optimize your use of the Platform after logging in. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize.
- Targeting or Advertising
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
DO NOT TRACK:
“Do Not Track” is a preference you can set your browser to let websites you visit know that you do not want them collecting certain information about you. We do not currently respond to, or honor, Do Not Track signals or requests from your browser. If you choose to block cookies and other trackers, certain features of the Platform may not work. Blocking or rejecting cookies will not stop all of the tracking described in this Policy. These features and options are browser and device specific and are not uniform. You can usually find these settings in the options or preferences menu of your browser. To understand these settings, the following links for commonly used browsers may be helpful, or you can use the help option in your browser for more details:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
To find out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit aboutcookies.org. For more details on your choices regarding use of your web browsing activity for interest-based advertising you may visit the following sites:
On a mobile device, you may also be to adjust your settings to limit ad and location tracking. If you have “Background Location,” “Background App Refresh” or any similar background app settings turned on, the Platform will, from time to time, tell us about your device’s location even if you are not directly interacting with the Platform. You can avoid tracking when not directly interacting with the Platform by turning these settings off.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company or its affiliates to promote our own or products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to Privacy@Readingrdi.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may use the unsubscribe option in the footer of the email. This opt out does not apply to communications relating to a product or service purchase, or other transactions.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES AND THEIR SITES
The Platform may include third party content and links to third party websites and services that collect Personal Information. We do not control these third parties and this Privacy Notice does not apply to their collection or use of your information. We are not responsible for the practices of these third parties or how they use information provided to them. Please read their privacy policies carefully.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS:
This section applies only to Company entities that are subject to the jurisdiction of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). In addition to the rights listed above, pursuant to the CCPA, California residents have certain other rights concerning their personal information. This section describes (1) the categories of personal information, collected and disclosed by the Company, subject to California privacy law, (2) your privacy rights under California privacy law, and (3) how to exercise your rights.
When we use the term “personal information” in this section, we mean information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
Personal Information we Collect.
If you are a California consumer, please be aware that we collect, process, and maintain personal information to fulfill certain business purposes related to our Services. We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use personal information collected for additional purposes without providing you notice. Within the past twelve (12) months, we and our service providers have collected, and we may continue to collect, and you may consent to provide, the categories of personal information set forth below. We disclose each of these categories of personal information with our service providers for our business purposes (to enable the service providers to provide their services) and as otherwise described in the “How We Disclose Personal Information” section above.
- Identifiers (for example, name, date of birth, email address, IP address, and online identifiers);
- Categories of personal information as defined by Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80 (for example, name and telephone number);
- Protected classifications under California or federal law (for example, age, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry);
- Commercial information (for example, records of products or services purchased);
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including information on your usage of our Platform;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio or electronic information (for example, videos you may upload to our Platform);
- Professional or employment related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any information identified above to create a profile.
Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with the CCPA, California consumers may, under certain conditions, exercise the following privacy rights with respect to their personal information. Please note: you will not be discriminated against in any way by virtue of your exercise of the rights listed below, which means we will not deny goods or services to you, provide a different prices or rates for goods or services to you, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- You have the right to be notified of what categories of personal information will be collected at or before the point of collection and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
- You have the right to request the categories of personal information that we collected in the previous twelve (12) months, the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected, the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such personal information is collected and shared. You also have the right to request the categories of personal information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve (12) months preceding your request for your personal information.
- Data Portability
- You have the right to receive the personal information you have previously provided to us.
- You can request to have your personal information deleted from our systems and those of our service providers. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required to retain your personal information for one or more of the following purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); (4) to otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- To Opt Out
- We do not sell personal information to third parties.
How to Exercise Your Rights.
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please use the request portal found in your account or send (or have your authorized agent send) an email to Privacy@Readingrdi.com. You can also call us toll-free at: 888-668-4605. You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by any business when you exercise your CCPA rights.
While we take measures to ensure that those responsible for receiving and responding to your request are informed of your rights and how to help you exercise those rights, when contacting us to exercise your rights, we ask you to please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Tell Us Which Right You Are Exercising: Specify which right you want to exercise and the personal information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf;
- Help Us Verify Your Identity: If you are emailing or calling us, please provide us enough information to verify your identity. For example, provide us (at a minimum) your full name, address, email, phone number, and date of birth. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any personal information you disclose to us for purposes of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct Our Response Delivery: Inform us of the delivery mechanism with which you prefer to receive our response. You may specify, for example, email, mail, or through your account (if you have one with us).
Please note that you don’t need to create an account with us in order to make a request to exercise your rights hereunder.
How We Respond to Your Requests.
In all cases, we will respond to your request within 45 days. However, where reasonably necessary, we may extend our response time by an additional 45 days, provided we send you notice of such extension first. We will provide the information to you via your preferred delivery mechanism. If the information is provided to you electronically, we will provide you the information in a portable format and, to the extent technically feasible, in a machine readable, readily useable format that allows you to freely transmit this information without hindrance.
Please note that we will not charge you for making a request, provided that you make no more than two (2) requests per year. If you make three (3) or more requests in any given twelve (12) month period, we may refuse to respond to such requests, if determined by us to be unfounded or excessive (e.g. repetitive in nature), or we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested. If we refuse to act on the request, we will provide you notice and the reason for our refusal to act.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to us via the Internet, including to our Platform. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page, with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated via pop-up window on the Platform’s homepages. If we make material changes to how we treat our Users' Personal Information, we will notify you by email to the most recent email address provided to the Company either through correspondence or through a notice via pop-up window on the Platform’s home pages. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Platform and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
You may contact us about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or the Services at: Privacy@Readingrdi.com.